This is a lighter, vegetarian, summery version of this little gem. Normally I write more about the recipe, a suggestion perhaps. But this is the 4th recipe I’ve written today, so here you go:
Total Time: 1 hour and 30 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
12 ounces bucatini, cooked and drained
2 medium zucchini, washed and cut on a spaghetti spiralizer
16 ounces Rao’s marinara
16 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
2 eggs, lightly beaten and at room temperature
3 ounces plus 1 ounce grated mozzarella, divided
3 ounces grated parmesan cheese
Dried parsley (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add the cooked pasta, zucchini, marinara, ricotta, eggs, and 3 ounces of the mozzarella to a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine. (see cook’s note*)
- Spray a locked 9-inch springform pan thoroughly with nonstick spray.
- Turn out the pasta mixture into the pan, and smooth out with a spoon.
- Top with the remaining cheese and dried parsley.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, or until cheese is browning and bubbly.
- Allow to cool for at least 15 minutes before serving on a pool of marinara sauce.
*cook’s note: if the mixture is not loose enough at first, cover the bowl while the pasta is hot to allow the cheese to melt.