Baked Sweet Potato Fries + Spicy Ketchup
I don’t know if I could honestly say I like sweet potato fries more than regular fries, but these creole spiced sweet potato fries are delicious. I’ve been making them off and on for about 8 years. I have also been enjoying sriracha sauce for 13 years now because a restaurant I worked at during college served it with shrimp cocktail (brilliant). But I never considered mixing sriracha with ketchup until I made a frittata recently and couldn’t decide whether I wanted to douse it with ketchup or sriracha. So I mixed them together and never looked back. Try it!
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
2 pounds sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons Tony Chachere’s creole seasoning
Sriracha ketchup, recipe follows
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. Rinse the sweet potatoes, and pat dry.
- Slice the potatoes into long French fry-sized strips.
- Spray a half-sized sheet pan with cooking spray. Spread the sweet potatoes on the tray. Spray with more cooking spray, and sprinkle with the creole seasoning. Toss with your hands to coat evenly.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes, tossing twice while cooking.
- Remove from oven when evenly golden brown, and serve hot with spicy ketchup (recipe follows).
For the Spicy Ketchup
½ cup ketchup
¼ cup sriracha sauce
- In a small bowl, mix together ketchup and sriracha until well combined. Serve with Baked Sweet Potato Fries.
**Cooked using method by Paula Deen