White Chocolate Margarita Cookies
(adapted from Lavender, Lemon, and Honey Cookies)
I had the idea to make these cookies when I was up late having a cookie stream of consciousness. I do that every once in a while now, staying up just thinking of new flavor combos I want to try. I wanted to do something Cinco de Mayo themed, and this sounded good.
If you like the combination of coconut and lime, try substituting that for the white chocolate chips. Personally, I love lime, and I love coconut, but I can’t stand them together!
Yield: about 30 cookies
Total time: 1 hour (plus 1 hour chill time)
Difficulty Level: Easy
2 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
2/3 cup of melted butter (1 stick plus 3 1/3 tablespoons)
1 cup white granulated sugar
¼ cup light agave nectar
1 tablespoon fresh squeezed orange juice
Zest of 2 limes
1 ¼ cups white chocolate chips
Fleur de Sel
- Sift the flour, baking soda, and salt through a strainer or sieve to remove any lumps. Set aside.
- Use an electric hand mixer to beat the butter, agave nectar, and sugar together until smooth.
- Add the egg, orange juice, and lime zest and mix until incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in 2 batches and mix until combined. Make sure it’s fully incorporated, but try not to overmix it.
- Fold in 1 cup of the white chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate the dough for at least 1 hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Scoop the chilled dough out into 1 inch balls (about 12 per half sheet pan). Roll in the sugar until coated, and place on a sheet pan covered in either parchment or a silicone baking mat. Use your fingers to gently flatten the cookie. Press a few extra white chocolate chips into each cookie, and sprinkle each cookie with Fleur de sel.
- Bake each batch of the cookies for 8-12 minutes. I always watch my cookies to make sure they don’t overcook. I like these on the crisp side, so I cook them for about 10-11 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for about 15 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.