Gwyneth Paltrow’s Perfectly Cooked Quinoa
I’m working on a post about Grain Bowls, so I thought it would be a good idea to have this recipe on Last Night’s Feast for easy access. GP’s Perfectly Cooked Brown Rice is tried and true, and I have cooked it at least 20 times since I posted it a few months ago. Here’s the quinoa version from her book “It’s All Good.”
One cup of cooked quinoa has about 200 calories, 4 grams of fat, 318 mg of potassium, 5 grams of fiber, 8 grams of protein, and 15% of your daily Iron needs.
Total Time: 30 Minutes
Serves: 4-6 (3 cups)
Difficulty Level: Easy
1 cup quinoa
1 ¾ cup water
Coarse sea salt
- Rinse the quinoa in a strainer, and then add it to a medium sized pot.
- Add the water and a big pinch of salt (about 1 tablespoon).
- Bring the water to a boil, then bring it down to a simmer, and cover.
- Cook until all the liquid is absorbed and the individual quinoa germs look like spirals (about 12-15 minutes).
- Turn off the heat, and place a paper towel under the lid, and recover for 5 minutes while allowing the excess moisture to absorb into the towel.
- Fluff with a fork, and serve.