Slow Cooker Cranberry Sauce
If you’ve never made cranberry sauce before, this is a great way to do it. It’s so easy, it smells great cooking, and you can make it the day before. Once you do it this way, you’ll never buy canned cranberry sauce again.
You can even make this 3 days in advance, and it will still be perfect for the big day. Serve it hot or cold. Use the leftovers as a jam for toast, on sandwiches, or in this genius coffee cake.
Total Time: 4 hours
Difficulty Level: Easy
½ Cup Brown Sugar
½ Cup White Sugar
¼ tsp cinnamon
½ Cup Orange Juice
½ Cup Water
12 ounce bag of fresh cranberries
- Combine all ingredients except the cranberries in the crockpot. Stir well.
- Add cranberries and evenly coat.
- Turn on the crockpot to high for 3 hours, stirring the cranberries every hour.
- After three hours on high, mash the cranberries. Continue to heat on high with the lid off, for 45 minutes.
- Let cool and transfer to serving dish.
(recipe from Cleverly Simple )