Summer Herb Salad
In the summer, I usually keep lots of fresh vegetables around and just play around with different side dishes. This is a super quick, fresh, and easy salad.
If you don’t have dill and basil, you can always use chives, parsley, or cilantro. But I definitely recommend dill and basil. If you don’t have rice vinegar, use red wine vinegar or even plain old white vinegar.
The sugar balances out the acidity of the vinegar. With so many veggies and just a dash of olive oil, this salad is about as low calorie as you can get.
This will taste best if you let it sit in the fridge for an hour or so to let the flavors combine.
Total Time: 15 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
1 large English cucumber
1 large tomato
¼ of a white onion
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
4 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
¼ rice vinegar
1 clove of minced fresh garlic
1 teaspoon of white sugar
Salt and pepper
- Chop the cucumber and tomato into bite sized, but chunky, pieces.
- Slice the onion as thinly as possible. You can even use a mandolin.
- Add all the vegetables to a medium sized bowl.
- Add the fresh herbs, vinegar, garlic, and sugar. Toss well to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.