Fancy Crostini with Nectarine, Basil, and Brie
I made this recently when one of my besties, June, came over to catch up. She brought the wine, and I thought these would go perfectly. Not too heavy, nice and summery, pretty, and girly. By the way, they’re really easy to make.
Serves 4 appetizer servings
Difficulty Level: easy
Total time: 30 minutes or less
1 baguette loaf
Salt and pepper
2 nectarines (you could also use peaches)
1 8 ounce wedge of Brie
Fistful of torn basil
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Slice baguette on an angle, about 2/3 inch thick.
- Brush olive oil on both sides of baguette slices and arrange on a baking sheet. Bake for 5-10 minutes, just until they crisp up. Remove from oven. Turn the oven up to 425.
- Slice brie into moderately thin piece and put a slice on each crostini (you’ve turned your baguette into crostini).
- Slice nectarines thinly and place 1 or 2 on each bagette slice.
- Season each crostini with salt and pepper.
- Return the crostini to the oven. Bake for just a few minutes until the cheese starts to melt. Meanwhile, chiffonade the basil: stack your leaves, roll them into a cigar, then slice thinly.
- Remove from oven.
- Finally sprinkle the basil onto the crostini and serve immediately.